Sleep is a natural, easily reversible, recurrent, and a spontaneous state of rest for the mind and body. During sleep the brain is relaxed and waking organism is capable.
Suggestion for better sleep.
1. Go to bet only when you are sleepy or for sexual activity.
2. If you are unable to fall asleep, get up and go into another room. Stay up as long as you wish, preferably engaged in a boring activity. Go back to bed only when you feel sleep. If you are in bed for more than ten minutes without falling asleep, you should get out of bed.
Listen to relaxing music, relaxing sounds, audio program, relaxing effects of hypnotherapy, hypnosis, and meditations. Routine at the same time each night to help slow your mind and body down for deep sleep.
3. Avoid sleeping pills, they can cause confusion, memory loss, and dizziness before bedtime.
4. Don't take naps during the day, it will interfere with you ability to fall asleep at night. If you must nap, keep it to a 10 minutes.
5. Avoid caffeine beverages in the evening, in order to minimize the need for nighttime trips to the bathroom. Caffeine is a stimulant.
6. Avoid excessive liquids in the evening.
7. The chronic use of tobacco disturbs sleep. Reducing your smoking could improve your ability to fall asleep.
8. Avoid heavy physical exercise in the evening.
Use relaxation techniques prior to bedtime. This could be in the form of some easy stretches or yoga, breathing exercises, meditation, take a warm bath. Try to do in the same way, in the same place, at the same time every night. The repetition will trigger your mind and body that it is time to relax and sleep.
9. Avoid alcohol, especially in the evening.
10. Avoid heavy meals before bedtime.
11. People who feel angry and frustrated because they cannot sleep should not try harder and harder to fall asleep, but should get out of bed, go to another room and do sorting different.
13.Set your alarm and get up at the same time each day.
14. If you find that you look at the clock at night, turn it so you cannot see it or cover it up.
15. Check iron levels, especially in pregnancy women, may cause sleeplessness.
a. learn about pregnancy
16. Don’t use illegal drugs.
17. Stay active, morning exercise regularly.
18. Maintain a healthy pattern of weight gain.
19. Have no more than small two cups of coffee each day.
20. Avoid smoking and second-hand smoke.
The most complete rest can be attained during sleep, at which time the conscious activities of the mind cease, the heart beats more slowly, blood pressure is lowered, respiratory movements are less frequent, and the muscles are relaxed.
More suggestion for better sleep hygiene.
1. Wake up at the same time every morning.
2. Go to bed at the same time every night.
3. Try a different pillow or mattress.
3. Morning exercise routines could improve nighttime sleep.
4. Help your body to recognize that the bedroom is a place to rest.
How important is sleep?
Sleep deprivation can lead to:
c. cardiovascular problems
e. mood problems
f. decreased productivity
g. accidents at home, and on the job
If you think you have a sleeping problem, the first step is to keep a sleep diary for a few weeks. If you then feel you need help, talk to your doctor. He or she may refer you to a sleep clinic where they will monitor your sleep patterns. This is the most accurate way to ascertain the type and quality of your sleep. It can also quantify how much sleep you are getting. The data will help your doctor prescribe the appropriate treatment, particularly in the event that you have sleep apnea, narcolepsy, or some other sleep disorder.
You may want to consult with a specialist if you have sever snoring that has just started recently and you haven't gained any weight.
Information: We do not take responsibility for any of the content you may find on these sites. If you have a personal health concern, please consult your qualified health practitioner.